State Library of Kansas Board
The State Library of Kansas Board was created by Statute (K.S.A. 75-2546) in 2007.
Eleven of fourteen members are appointed by the governor, including seven professional librarians. Ex officio members are the executive officer of the board of regents and the commissioner of education (or their designees) and the state librarian.
By law, the board shall:
- Advocate for statewide library services and resources, encouraging cooperation among libraries and promoting and encouraging innovative library services;
- advise and counsel the state librarian on policies and management and the state library strategic plan;
- review and approve the annual plans of regional systems of cooperating libraries;
- promote collaboration with the state board of regents to ensure the inclusion of libraries on the KAN-ED network and the continued availability of statewide library resources;
- perform such other duties and functions as provided by law; and
- recommend statewide priorities for interlibrary cooperation and resource sharing.
|April 18||9:30 a.m.||State Library of Kansas
||9:30 a.m.||State Library of Kansas
||9:30 a.m.||State Library of Kansas||Room 281-N
|December 12||9:30 a.m.||State Library of Kansas||Room 281-N|
Max Burson, Wichita, is library director at Friends University.
David DePue, Topeka, is the Director of the Capitol Commission.
Lori Goetsch, Manhattan, is the dean of libraries at Kansas State University.
Diane Hornbostel, Washington, is a member of the GFWC – General Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Martha House, Council Grove, is a librarian at Council Grove High School.
Nancy Keith, Effingham, is an elementary school principal in Atchison County.
Lenora Kinzie, Topeka, is the Director of Library Services at Storemont-Vail HealthCare.
James Minges, Roeland Park, is the director of the Northeast Kansas Library System.
Cathy Nugent, Leawood, is owner of Willis Pendleton LLC, a grassroots communications company.
Jean Schlegel, Ness City, is the director of Ness City Public Library.
Jennifer Schroeder, Concordia, is the library director at Cloud County Community College.
Jo Budler, Topeka, is the State Librarian of Kansas.
Diane DeBacker, Topeka, is the Kansas Commissioner of Education, Jackie Lakin - designee.
Jerry Huff, Topeka, is the Executive Director of Kan-ed.
This board promotes cooperation with the Kansas Board of Regents to ensure the inclusion of libraries on the KAN-ED network and continues the availability of statewide library reference resources.
Membership consists of seven professional librarians, a trustee of a public library, two representatives of the general public and one qualified member of the Kansas Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Additionally, the board includes the Executive Officer of the Board of Regents, the Commissioner of Education, and the State Librarian as ex officio members. Members will serve four-year terms.
Last update: 10/12/12