Collections & Resources
Always available online
Visit us in the Capitol for these resources
(Most state agencies may access by clicking on the links below)
- Search our Catalog - Search the Catalog for books, eBooks, digital records, images, periodicals, and more.
- ProQuest Research and ABI/Inform - Research is a great place to start your research, providing coverage of a broad range of subjects including children, education, health, humanities, law, military, psychology, sciences, and social sciences. ABI/Inform provides access to articles from business journals and magazines including the Wall Street Journal.
- HeinOnline - a large collection of legal information including Kansas Session Laws (current to 2011), federal regulations, Congressional Record, U.S. Statutes at Large, Subject Compilations of State Laws, archive of NCCUSL publications, and federal agency documents and decisions. HeinOnline is fully searchable and allows the researcher to view all pages as they originally appeared in hardcopy.
- Lexis-Nexis State Capitol - Researchers can search for information about one state, any combination of states, or all 50 states. Bills, statutes, constitutions, proposed and enacted regulations, legislature membership, newspapers of record-they're all here-most updated daily. LexisNexis StateCapital also supplies abstracts from the Martindale-Hubell®State Law Digest , as well as public policy analysis from State Capital Journal and NCSL Legisbrief published by the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Newsbank - NewsBank provides full- text articles from the electronic editions of over a dozen Kansas newspapers and more than 1100 U.S. newspapers - all in one easy-to-search database.
- Interlibrary Loan - Interlibrary Loan can help you get those books, articles and other items you can't find here at the Library or on the Internet.
Law Collection - United States Code Annotated, Code of Federal Regulations, American Jurisprudence, Corpus Juris Secundum, Kansas Digest 2d, Kansas law journals, Shepards Acts and Cases, and Words and Phrases.
- The Kansas Periodical Index - The wealth of material available in Kansas periodicals is now available at www.libris.ca/kpi, through a subscription purchased by the State Library of Kansas.
- KSPACe - A growing collection of online Kansas state government publications maintained by the State Library and the Kansas State Historical Society.
- Federal Documents - Documents from federal agencies, recent documents available full text online from our catalog, many available only in paper from our collection.
- Audiobooks on CD or Tape - Audiobooks - novels, fiction, and non-fiction on CD and Playaway
- Video Collection - Access our library of video based training to motivate employees, equip managers with leadership qualities, and manage diversity.
- Legislative Reference Collection - Complete historical collection of Kansas statutes, bills, journals, and session laws
- Public Affairs Collection - Materials related to public policy and government
- News Clippings - Headlines from our historic newspaper clippings collection, some with links to the articles. Articles are arranged by date and general subject categories. Currently, collection online dates back to 2007. The newspaper collection was begun in 1913.