Help & Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many books can I check out at a time (and other settings)?
- What is OneClickdigital Media Manager?
- What computers/devices are compatible?
- How can I use this service if my computer or device is not compatible?
- How do I search for a book to check out right now?
- Do books expire on my MP3 player?
- What's the difference between Holds & Wishlist?
- How am I notified that it is my turn for a hold?
- I do not see my favorite author in the library.
- I found a book that doesn't work.
Staff can assist you with getting started, help solve problems, or answer your general questions. We will usually need to know:
- Which service do you use--OneClick audiobooks, 3M ebooks, or Freading ebooks?
- How do you use it?
- computer - Windows or Mac
- mobile app - Android or Apple
- device you transfer to (if applicable)
- Locked out of account or lost login information.
- How do I update my account information?
- I can't remember if I already registered or not.
- I accidentally registered twice!
- I can log in on the website but not the software.
- I can log in to the software but not the website.
- Bad file found - other books work, but not this one.
On Your Computer
- How do I set my preferences?
- Error: no space on device or device not connected properly.
- Media Manager is blank, wants me to upgrade over and over, or suddenly doesn't work.
- Windows 8 Specific Errors
- Apple Error: transfer has timed out, gives a port sleep message.
- Apple Error: manually manage setting needed.
On Your Device
- Book is out of order when I play it.
- Error: book is expired, I no longer have rights to it, or I need to sync to continue my subscription.
- How do I delete a book from my device when I am done?
- Error: does not support playback of protected media/music/files.
On the Mobile App
- When I log in, error message is that I do not belong to any libraries.
- My app is frozen or blank.
- Left the connection zone (wifi, 3/4G) and the app stopped playing.
- App not saving my place in books (auto-bookmarking not working).