Library as Community Center
In the spring of 2012, The State Library of Kansas worked with several Kansas librarians to present an online program series called "The Library as Community Center."
This series addressed several questions:
- How can a library become absolutely necessary to high quality of life in the community?
- How can a library develop an active, interactive, mutually rewarding relationship with the community?
- How can a library be regarded as an essential agency by the community leadership?
There were four programs in this series:
- The Conversation Business - Brenda Hough and Heather Braum, Northeast System and Shannon Roy, State Library
- Going Social to Get Local: Engaging Your Community via Social Media - Susan Brown, Rachel Smalter Hall, Jennifer Cook, Lawrence Public Library
- Engaging the Library in Community Planning - Eric Gustafson, Derby Public Library
- Collections and the Community - Marcia Allen, Manhattan Public Library and Diana Weaver, Basehor Community Library